Friday, February 03, 2006


I am a member of Team Diabetes Canada. This is an adventure fundraiser where participants choose to complete a marathon to raise money for diabetes and the Canadian Diabetes Association. I will be joining approximately 200 team diabetes participants at the Reykjavik, Iceland Marathon in August 2006. To be able to join the marathon, I have committed to raise $6000. I joined Team Diabetes Canada because it is a challenge to conquer and it is the motivation that I need to get off the couch and start running.

The goal of Team Diabetes Canada is to create awareness for the work of the Canadian Diabetes Association and raise much needed funds for diabetes research, education, service and advocacy. Studies have shown that type 2 diabetes may be delayed or prevented with a healthy diet and regular exercise. Team Diabetes Canada participants demonstrate the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.


This Blog is set up to keep a record of my fundraising and training efforts. In addition to allow for the exchange of information on diabetes, fundraising and running.

No comments: