Thursday, March 08, 2007


STAND UP FOR CHARITY - an evening of laughter in support of the Canadian Diabetes Association.

Thursday March 8th '07, I co-hosted a fundraiser at a local comedy club, Absolute Comedy, for my Team Diabetes Campaign. We pre-sold close to 50 tickets for this event. Most of which was last minute. As expected, no one under 30 can plan anymore than 2 days in advance. The club was packed with other members of the public, I'm guessing 150 in total. The 50-50 tickets sold well and I even got rid of some diabetes wristbands. I was happy that everyone I approached to talk about diabetes and the 50-50 tickets was very receptive.

Altogether, we raised $427.92!!!

But we also raised awareness about the CDA with the use of brochures, posters and cards.

A very enjoyable evening. My second fundraiser at Absolute Comedy and I would do it again.

No comments: