Friday, May 25, 2007


Out of hibernation. On Wednesday I gathered up my courage and set out my first jog in a very very long time. Okay, I admit - my first jog since well the 10km race in Iceland last August! I pretty much figured that I lost everything I gained last summer training and that I would be starting at square one. My expectations were low, very low - I remember only being able to jog only a small amount before having to stop completely out of breath. I remember the nauseous feeling associated with breathing too hard. I remember the sore muscles that follow. Yes I wasn't feeling too optimistic. Surprisingly it was okay - all things considered. I could jog much further without stopping than the first day of training and I didn't really get the feeling like my lungs may explode. I'm still a complete beginner but I'm glad that at least I retained something from last year whatever it was. Now I must summon the courage to go out again and make a lifestyle change. Oh dear.

No comments: