Friday, September 11, 2009

Teammates. On the way back from the wedding David and I stopped to meet fellow Team D participant Marilyn at Cottage Country Crafts in Collingwood. Marilyn is also running the marathon in Athens and she generously donated some books to my online auction.

Her entire store had signs about Team Diabetes. Art hung on the wall with the proceeds being donated to CDA. Various craft supplies and toys has CDA signs on them. And there was a pledge form at the cash in case you felt inclined to donate. Check out the opening/closing times sign. If you can't read it, it says "It's Team Diabetes long marathon training time again! We will be closed Sundays for training until after the marathon in Athens, Greece in November." Fantastic! If you never heard about Team Diabetes before you entered Cottage Country Crafts you sure did afterwards.

Check out Marilyn's 'trophies' of her previous Team Diabetes races that are displayed above the cash. She's been to Rome, Rio and Dublin and she's already signed up for the London marathon next year! I really like meeting other Team D members - it makes me feel more like I'm on a team and gives me renewed spirit in my fundraising/training initiatives!
Cottage Country Crafts
69 Hurontario Street
Collingwood, ON
L9Y 2L7
(705) 446-0877

No comments: