Friday, September 08, 2006

The Road to Rome?!? What? Okay so I just just posted that I was going to Rio 2008 - but things change. I was trying to register in a destination that farthest away possible from now. I think I deserve a break from fundraising for a while (it's like a part-time job!). But National is not sure whether or not they will be traveling to Rio in 2008 and will figure this out after recruitment for 2007. So Rome 2008 was the farthest into the future they would allow me to register for. So I guess I'm going to Rome!! Not a bad second choice I'd say. But just beware that I get some wiggle room if they do decide to go to Rio in 2008 (or somewhere else entirely) I can switch. Excellent.

Another catch. The Rome race has two categories; Full marathon and 4K. Ouch. So inspired by Waleah and Mike's triumphant 42.2km race in Reykjavik I've decided to attempt the full. Oh dear. Thank goodness there's an eight hour time limit and not less. I might just use all of it....

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Hey Taylor! That's great!!!! I considered Rome but I think I'm going to do Dublin 07 if I can fundraise again (which the jury is still out on) Besides, I've been to Italy but never Ireland :)

Keep in mind, full marathons aren't twice as hard as halfs...or 4 times harder than 10 k's. it's more mental than physical.

How exciting!

Anonymous said...

If you go to Rome, I'm coming too. Do they have small races for '66ers. Linda.

Michael Blais said...

Way to go!!!

We'll be pulling for you, and it looks like we'll be seeing Jenny in Dublin.

You can do it, be proud of doing something that very few people will ever do.