Saturday, September 02, 2006

Back in Canada.

On Wednesday I woke up in Dublin at 4:30am and began my journey home. Eighteen hours later I was back at home in Ottawa. Very exhausted. The next day Charles, Tanya and I made the 6 hour drive up to Sudbury to visit my parents. I’ll be happy to relax here for about a week before school starts!

I had a fantastic trip and wish that I could have extended it more! I met a lot of people who had been traveling and working in Europe for months and I felt a pang of jealousy. I’m very happy what I accomplished in the two short weeks that I had in Europe. I think the highlights of the entire experience were;

- Supportive spectators during the 10km race; especially the guy with the accordion!
- The Glacier Lagoon (Jökulsárlón) in Iceland
- Hiking to the summit of Slieve Donard (2786 ft) in Northern Ireland

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Glad you're back safe and sound! I know what you mean, re the pangs of jealousy....but those pangs are good...VERY good! they mark the beginning of a life of adventure! if you didn't feel those pangs, you'd never be motivated to go anywhere! :)

it was nice meeting you! I hope our paths cross again :)