Monday, October 16, 2006

Back to the training…most likely. After a nice long break from anything that involved exercise I think that it’s time to jump back into the running shoes. Since the race back in August I also put my diet on hold. Eating while travelling, Rosh Hashanah, and Thanksgiving? Oh and a few bags of my absolute favourite ruffles BBQ chips. Luckily I’ve stayed at the same weight all this time. I find this comforting that when I do finishing counting all the points that I won’t gain all the weight back like many do, well as long as I make healthy choices.

Just to keep me honest – this is my progress so far is;


Jun 07th 2006 - 185 lbs
Aug 16th 2006 - 170 lbs
Oct 16th 2006 - 168 lbs


I don’t exactly have a number goal in mind when it goes to this diet, which is probably a good thing. Basically I just would like to fit into my clothes comfortably again. From what I remember this will most likely happen in another 10 lbs? But I don’t really have the foggiest idea.
So I will dust off my sneakers and see what 2 months with no training will do to my running endurance. Hah. Back at square one? I’ll let you know. Oh dear.

2 comments:

DerekTheRunner said...

Congratulations on getting back at it. Taking some time off can be good. If I had done that this weekend than I would have use of both feet... see my blog for details! On the brighter side of things, my wife Julie has joined running too so you have some more competition for shrinking woman of the year! She has started blogging for honesty reasons like both of us at www.runningaftermaxandzack.blogspot.com Geez! I thought you blog address was long!

Anonymous said...

Hello fellow Team Diabetes member Derek ...I get sooo excited , when I read about Team Diabetes members and what they are up too . I had signed up as a T.D. Alumni member to do the full Marathon in Disney World, Jan. 2007 , however this one did not attract enough of us and it was cancelled . I have raised $ 3,000.00 so far and am having a " holiday " from training etc.
I will do the next Marathon in honour of my insulin pumper friend, who died at age 48, May 2006 .Mary was diagnosed with diabetes at age 9 . Mary inspired me in 2003 to become a T.D. member ; I did the 10 k walk in Honolulu, 2004 and full Marathon , Rome 2006( am not as fast as you !!).
I thank you and all other team mates from the bottom of my heart for helping the CDA find a cure and creating awareness about this disease .
Regards, Nel Peach,Salmon Arm , on life sustaining insulin therapy since 1983 . I like to claim , that I was the oldest T.D. Rome 2006 member :-)