Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Gobble gobble. What a great Thanksgiving weekend! On Sunday Charles and I hosted a traditional Canadian Thanksgiving meal (turkey, potatoes, cranberries, pumpkin pie, etc.) for his family. I was very excited last Wednesday when we got the turkey. My first turkey – at least I thought it was exciting. I thought it was funny that if I told anyone about my excitement for my first turkey the response was varied between genders;

Male response – so?
Female response – oh that is exciting, I remember my first turkey! Take pictures!

Okay and I keep talking about MY first turkey but in reality I completely refused to touch the turkey. I’m a vegetarian. And so really it was mostly Charles’ first turkey. The turkey came out perfect, or so I’m told. No crazy first-time horror story about leaving the plastic bag in the turkey and baking it or anything. Although I’m not a huge fan of “tofurkey,” I still had a great dinner with all the veggies. Way too many leftovers.

On Monday Charles’ parents had the opportunity to host Thanksgiving Dinner Part II – Slovak style. Ummm-handmade perogies with potatoes and sheep cheese, dumplings (veg and meat variety), goose, beef soup with matzo balls, berries, meat, meat and more meat.

Both nights we stuffed ourselves silly. I’ll have to wait until the leftovers run out before I start counting Weight Watchers points again. I love Thanksgiving!

No comments: