Saturday, May 09, 2009

Sudbury Rocks Race, Run or Walk for Diabetes. On Sunday May 3, 2009 I ran the 5k race at the Sudbury Rocks Marathon! I posted a chip time of 42:04 and came in 45/64 of women in my age range (20-29). 332/520 overall. Yay for being not last! And not completely terrible considering I had only 4 training runs before the race. Procrastination in my name! What was extra special is that I started the race with my friend Ching. She, however, is not into the endurance running and therefore took off like the wind finishing under 30minutes! (Which by the way is my 5km time goal - so jealous). I was doing okay for much of the run. The last kilometer I had a side stitch on my left side and ran with my fingers pressed into my side. "I can't walk now, the finish is just around the corner...sort of." Ching and Dave were waiting for me at the finish! I have another metal to add to my collection! Go figure that I would start having a collection of running metals and bibs.

No comments: