Sunday, October 04, 2009



Run for the Cure. This morning I met up with the ladies from Women In Science and Engineering (WISE) Sudbury to participant in the 5km Run for the Cure for Breast Cancer. I haven't run in this event since high school and since I now have some training experience I could look on the whole experience with new eyes. It was lovely to enter into a race and there be no timing chips. Everyone was there for the charity, to dress in pink or just to get a fun run in. The atmosphere was lovely. They even had a stage set up and got people to dance to 'warm-up.' The kids especially enjoyed this. Actually as expected this event was very family friendly. Lots of kids, strollers and many dogs. My favourite costume was the man dressed up as a pig


Because I completed my longest-run-ever yesterday I was feeling pretty sore this morning. Last night I was even wearing toe-seperators, the kind you use to paint your toenails, in order to keep my toes/blisters apart. So running so soon after meant I now have blisters on top of blisters - yum. And I'm now walking a little slower after the 5k than beforehand. I have no idea how anyone could participate in the Goofy Challange at Disneyworld (run a full marathon on sat and a half-marathon on sunday)!!

On a personal note, my grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer this year and as such I dedicated my run to her.


No comments: