Wednesday, June 27, 2007

On June 14th I walked across the stage at Carleton University and received my Bachelor of Engineering! Sure it's a lot of fuss but I think I deserve some moment for fame for the last five sometimes good sometimes brutal years. My mum, dad, Fiona and Charles came out and cheered me on for my triumphant walk (which apparently was a bit on the fast side). Mostly I was thinking something on the lines of "smile....walk....don't trip....shake hands....smile....don't trip....walk more..." After the ceremony I got a great congrats from one of my profs. Then the picture taking began. Too bad my friends and I couldn't be more organized and set a time to take a group photo. Instead I would move about 10ft, see someone, chat it up a bit and then the picture. To wrap up the day - my gang was joined by Charles' parents and my cousin Kiersten at the Greek Souvlaki House for a literal mound of food.

No comments: