Thursday, May 25, 2006

Back to the Grind
After my three week hiatus from jogging, I donned my sneakers and headed back to the trail. Man, the pain that was my jog today is definitely punishment for not keeping it up. Brutal. It was my first jog since I cut my hair short (4 hour hair appt. to fix the pink hair disaster) and I definitely need to buy a headband or something. Wind is impossible. Another note to self – Wear shorts in the summer! I never think about it and then get all overheated. Jogging next to the canal has its advantages and it always makes me feel like I want to dive right in or at least splash my face with water. But remembering the rash the frosh kids get every year from jumping in the canal I think I’ll pass. Eww.

1 comment:

Alan said...

Keep up a pace you can manage, you typically will rise.run to the occaision on the day of the run.

(I found your site from your link to my tale at http://dommy.com/ihaterunning/).

Just the training is an accomplishment, and your fun raising is impressive. Most of all enjoy Reykjavik- it is a fun place!

Alan