Friday, May 26, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me?
Couldn't fall asleep last night and finally drifted off at 6am. Woke up repeatedly in the morning to various calls from telemarketers. No I'm really not interested in a mastercard, but thank you. I don't understand that even if I'm half awake that I insist on being pleasant to telemarkers. Has it been brainwashed into me that it’s rude to hang-up on people? After six restless hours I got out of bed and started my day. I got an extremely cute e-card from Melanie and a happy bday email from dad. Even with these perks I’m not feeling overly that excited about my transition into my 23rd year. I’m having a bit of It’s my birthday and I’ll cry if I want to syndrome. I really have to go out and make some friends. My plans for this evening…apply to some jobs online, watch TV and maybe, just maybe I’ll cut loose and go buy some Ruffles bbq chips (my diet nemesis). Truly very sad. When did my life get this boring? Happy Birthday to Me...

3 comments:

FreddyBeachPete said...

Happy birthday Taylor!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! :) :)

Anonymous said...

Belated happy birthday wishes!

I'm Sarah, and I'm another member of Team Diabetes Reykjavik.

I'm also 23--in my case, my birthday was very underwhelming, especially since it was my champagne birthday (I think that's what it's called, anyway...) and all I got was a Swiss Chalet dinner with my brother and the results of the latest federal election...!

Anyway, good luck with your training and fundraising!