Friday, May 05, 2006

Okay, you got me. I admit that my training goal was a bit much. I had heard that if you do something 21 days in a row it becomes a habit so I decided that running could apply to this rule. Not necessarily running hard everyday because I’m just a beginner, but just to get into a routine. So I lasted ummmm 5 days. Oh dear. I went a few too many days in a row and hurt my shin and then it rained and I’m a wuss lol. So that’s the end of that. I’m hoping to get out 3 times a week from now on. Walking is just boring.

So at the travel show I went to last weekend with Charles I entered a bunch of contests and some of the booths. So a couple days ago I got a call from one of them saying I had won a trip to florida/bahamas. Yay? Obviously I was suspicious. One, there were people in the background talking like a call center. Two, they wouldn’t talk to me about it until I could get my “common-law” partner on the line too. Well Charles wasn’t in, so they said they would call back…hummmm. Yesterday they called back, exact same script, hummmm, and I was getting annoyed and I confronted the guy what all this was about and he hung up on me!!! Interesting. Today another woman called me about my “free trip.” They decided since my common-law partner, who they were now calling Chris for some reason, wasn’t in that I would do. (I'm kind of insulted by that actually) I let her explain the whole thing as I’m unemployed and really have nothing better to do with my time…so yes you can have a trip to Florida if you get yourself there. Oh also there is a 300us/person “promotional fee” and then another 146us/person “promotional fee” for someone else. LOL oh AND you had had to decide right this minute because if you call back you had to pay the full amount 2450us/person. Oh priceless. First, I look up the website they give me; it's acutally a golfing website in France. So I looked up “Great Vacations Destination” on google and found a guy who actually accepted their terms. Click Here to read his story if you’re interested. Travel Smart.

No comments: