Sunday, June 04, 2006

Fundraising thoughts for the Future...

I recieved another donation in the mail on Friday. Thanks Uncle Brian and Aunt Cathy! And of course thank you for the birthday card :)

I think I've run out of people to harass with my brochure/mail campaign. I'm starting to wonder about how to fundraise the remaining $900 or so dollars. I'm confident that I will be able to do it. I just need a plan.

I have at least a hundred dollars or so coming from collecting empty ink cartridges and cell phones. If you think your business would be open to donating ink cartridges in support of the Canadian Diabetes Association please visit www.FundingFactory.com for more information. If you are running your own fundraising campaign this program may work for you (Choose "Referred by Participant" during registration and provide my organization ID number ID# 50498 - thanks!).

I have considered canvassing door-to-door (with an amazing friend I assume) to collect donations for the CDA. Has anyone done this and have tips? I'm from a small town with it where neighbours know each other and donations asks are quite normal. How would this work out in a bigger city like Ottawa? (4 different apartments and have never spoken to the neighbours) Or do you suggest I go home for the weekend to try this out?

No comments: