Sunday, April 30, 2006

Charles and I went to the Travel and Vacation Show at Lansdowne Park today. Essentially it was a gazillion booths set up with brochures to everywhere that you can think of. I was mainly interested in obtaining more information about travel to Africa. Right now I am on the road to Reykjavik Iceland to “compete” in a 10Km run for Team Diabetes; however my goal after that is to “climb” Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, Africa. The word “Climb” being synonymous for hiking upwards, not ropes or harnesses or ice picks or that sort of thing….just feet on the ground at all times. (Africa is my “congratulations for graduating university in one piece” gift to myself, which I have been planning for the last three years.) There were several booths dedicated to Africa, even one specifically for Tanzania, so now I have a plethora of brochure booklets.

There were also several booths dedicated to Canadian destinations; one in particular, Wilderness Tours. I was hoping to go rafting last year with some friends but for some reason or another never made it out. I went rafting with this company 10 years ago and had a blast! Two years ago when I was working in Banff I had the opportunity to go rafting 3-4 times (for FREE!) as I was a front desk agent in a local hotel. I am hoping to organize some people to go rafting this summer in June. At the show I signed up for a weekend at a discount rate $149.00/person. (Two days rafting, five meals, camping onsite or accommodations available, $90 off regular price) If you are interested in coming let me know. The more the merrier!

Finally, I headed out for day 2 of my “let’s make a habit” 21 day jogging goal. It was so nice out today, and I was at Charles’ parent’s place for a BBQ, I really just wanted to relax and enjoy the weather but I couldn’t just fail my goal on day two now could I? I made it 2Km without stopping this time! LOL I took a breather at halfway and lay down in the grass by a busy intersection. Another runner who had now lapped me chuckled, but in a nice “I’ve been there too” sort of way. It was a good run.

No comments: