Monday, April 03, 2006

Sick of being Sick!

After a week of being stuck in bed with the flu I had had Enough! Fourteen hours a day of TV is way Way too much TV for one person. I was feeling some serious cabin fever. A few more days of Tylenol cold and flu, extra soft Kleenex with aloe, and pajamas I was back in the swing of things. I was feeling some major student guilt. Even though my migraine and cold symptoms prevented me from studying I still feel like I should have studied anyways. Bah. Does this student guilt business continue on into the workplace?

There was a rush for some serious academic catch-up this past week. Sacrificing precious sleep for a 35 hour marathon of lab report and essay writing was an interesting experience. All and all I only managed to forfeit one assignment this past week. I rock.

Suffice it to say, fundraising and exercising have taken the back burner. I did however manage to find some time to send off 40 letters to friends pleading for some donations for the CDA. Hopefully a couple of them will come through with some cold hard cash or some great words of encouragement and wisdom.

I’m still feeling a bit uneasy about the whole fundraising process especially with the past few weeks a complete write-off and exams coming in two weeks but I have set a goal of $4500 by the end of May and I plan to make it….as long as I don’t get sick again! Down with the Flu!

1 comment:

FreddyBeachPete said...

Hi Taylor, soory to learn you've been sick. As you may have read on my blog, I was felled by a kidney stone two weeks ago. Took a full week to get over that. Keep up your studies and keep plugging away at the fundraising. Did you ask your doctor for $$ ? The pharmascist? All the best, Peter.