Monday, July 03, 2006

Last Week Catch-Up. Last week was a slow week for training. I had a really good jog last Monday; accomplishing my goal of jogging around Dow’s lake and back. To my surprise it wasn’t really that far. My new goal is to jog all the way downtown (and take the bus back). Even though I had managed to walk and jog about 13km that day I wasn’t really sore the next day. Ironically I injured my leg the next day, not running but at my jitsu class. I managed to hit a double jitsu class Tuesday and Wednesday, though at a relaxed pace Wednesday so that my leg would heal. I took Thursday off to study for my economics exam. With two and a half hours sleep Thursday night I wrote my economics exam Friday morning, then had a little break and headed to help my friend Melanie move for like 6 or 7 hours. Ouch! I was so proud of Melanie, her sister Tanya and me for moving most of Melanie’s stuff armed with only a dolly and Tanya’s car. All of the big stuff, her bed, desk, bookcases etc was walked over two blocks to her new place using the dolly. We Rock! I relaxed the weekend. Happy Canada's Day!

Feeling like a slacker because of last week I went for a jog along the river today. Made it to Bank Street and back. Success! I was very happy that the weather was bad and that it was raining! When I started all this madness I refused to jog in the rain and now I wish it would rain every time. I breath better when its humid and I love the cool rain on my hot face.

No comments: