Monday, July 10, 2006

Overheated. Attempted a leisurely 5km jog this afternoon. Was that ever optimistic. I had an actually good strong steady run between locks on the canal to the halfway point. I was actually running at a respectable speed and didn’t feel like my lungs were on fire. It was good….for a while. I took a mini break at the locks and then rationalized with myself that I should attempt a longer distance given that time for the Reykjavik 10km is ticking down and I should really get on this thing. It was quite optimistic considering that I was sweating like nobody’s business. The weather network says Ottawa 26C but feels like 32C, but by the Taylor thermometer it could easily pass for 42C. Way too humid. I made it a good 200m before giving up and turning around. What was I thinking? I have a gift for convincing myself to do things or not to. I stopped by Carleton U. for a drink before heading back home. The way back was a struggle. Run 200m, walk a bunch, run 100m, walk some more, run 300m, stitch in side, walk walk walk, run….oh screw this. I eventually gave up and walked the rest all the while imagining a nice cold glass of water and a cool shower. And boy were they good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»