Thursday, June 08, 2006

Feeling only semi-motivated I headed out for a run. I got as far as the front of my building when my mp3 player ran out of juice. Great. I stashed my player in my mailbox to avoid the trip upstairs and headed out in silence. Some people use the time during their run to be alone with their thoughts. I would rather listen to music. I don’t think; I concentrate on my breathing, and follow the yellow line on the bike path; one step in front of the other.

I decided to try a new route this time. I’ve been feeling self-conscience lately and jogging along the canal where I usually do can be intimidating. Sometimes I would get ready to go out and then change my mind last minute because of this. The path along the canal can be quite busy and it runs along the road as well. I’m intimidated with the amount of people around. Especially as I’m not a ‘runner’ yet, and everyone else on this path seems to be. So I decided to try the path along the river for a change of scenery. Wow, what a difference! There were people on the path but no near the amount on the canal. The river and trees was refreshing. And the best part: Periodic water fountains!! I concentrated on breathing and found myself going quite far without stopping; the farthest I’ve ever gone without stopping. There was a downside, however, a quarter the way back my left ankle started acting up and I mainly walked back. The woman at the Running Room told me that I have a rolling left ankle. I never noticed before; apparently she is right. Any suggestions on ankle pain?

No comments: