Monday, June 05, 2006


Training Online

As part of the Team Diabetes program we get some perks. One of these perks is a Running Room Web Training clinic. The 10km training program starts on June 16. So perhaps I will use that as an excuse for my current less-than-stellar training. See! It’s not supposed to have started yet. I’m actually Ahead of the game. Buying it yet? I didn’t think so.

So I fill out some information on the Running Room Online Clinic and then I get to my race options. There are a few options for training for a 10Km apparently. Most of these options are based on time. ie) finish in 47mins..49mins…54mins…etc. I’m obviously not one for speed so I completely ignore these options. Something more my speed: the “to complete” option. Haha I can Walk that! To my surprise there are not one but two of these options: ‘To complete’ and ‘Gradual Build-up/To complete.’ Okay I click on ‘To complete;’ Week one this crazed schedule has me running 7Km – Steady run. Okay, I’m sorry but if I can already steady run 7km I don’t need a program to run 10 just to finish. Okay click ‘gradual build-up/to complete.’ Week One: 3 Km Run/walk. Now that is my kind of program!

No comments: