Monday, June 26, 2006

Today was a good day.

I was very happy today to have convinced my friend Melanie to come for a walk this afternoon. She showed up bearing two bottles of the new flavoured water ‘silhouette.’ Very sweet of her. I got the strawberry version while she took the citrus variety; which worked out well because I personally think the citrus flavour tastes like diluted Mr. Clean. Melanie apparently has less discriminating tastes. I think she’s crazy.

We headed out to the river trail and turned around once we hit the o-train bridge. About 4.5 kms in total. There was a lot more people on this trail since the last time I was there. I suppose it was the time and the weather. I still stand by my preference for the river trail versus canal trail even though the latter seems more popular.

After my afternoon walk I was feeling motivated and decided to go for a jog. My time management skills seemed to be lacking and I ended up at the halfway point on my jog near Carleton an hour before my evening class. This gives about 25mins to get back to my apartment and then get ready to go back for six. So wasn’t going to happen. Instead I decided to continue jogging for the next hour and show up to class in my jogging gear. Sure I would look weird but I spent most of my classes in first year in my PJs so I rationalized that this was better. So I continued on and jogged around Dows’ lake, stopping at the pavilion where I drank way WAY too much water. I never had a problem with my breathing, specifically getting out of breather, but I did find myself pushing to continue on as my legs felt tired. I made it back around the lake with time to spare. My supposed 1.5 hour review class (exam Friday!!) turned out to be a very long 3 hours and I regretted not having a change of clothes. You can rationalize anything in the moment if you want to. I jogged home from class with the sun setting and a sprinkling of rain.

Today was a good day. Although I was tired from my walk/jog/class I felt energized and happy. I hope tomorrow will be the same.

2 comments:

DerekTheRunner said...

Cool Taylor! Lots of running and walking you managed to get in today. Hope you can walk tomorrow...

Taylor said...

Hey...yeah....more walk/jogging than I'm used to. I was proud that I accomplished my goal (running around the lake)! I was a bit sore the next day but managed to make it to my 90min jitsu class, where ironically I injured my thigh muscle, bah!