Saturday, June 10, 2006

Yesterday I was feeling a little bit of my Thursday jog in my legs so I decided I’d rather go for a dip. It was only when I jumped in the pool that I cursed for forgetting my goggles. I really can’t see under water. I did some laps and when I was sufficiently bored with that I copied some of the ladies who were in the pool with their backs against the wall kicking. I continued my pool workout with some pull ups and sit ups on the edge of the pool in reps and sets like I do at the gym. It was funny, when I turned around the ladies were copying me now, hehe.



This morning I was introduced to a new dojo; 100% Martial Arts and Fitness. I have been a Martial Arts ‘mutt’ for a few years now. I started in Jui Jitsu and stayed over a year and completed a yellow belt. After that, I left town for the summer to Banff, Alberta. Banff didn’t have Jui Jitsu so I embarked on three months of karate. Back in Ontario I wanted to try something new so I tried out Aikedo. I found that that style wasn’t for me. I was very similar but very different than my jui jitsu training. It felt like driving on the wrong side of the road; still driving but weird. I finally tried out Judo. I felt this was a good style; very similar to jui jitsu and it had a great bunch of people. But my schedule conflicted with the dojo class schedule on a regular basis and I averaged once a week or less attendance. Which sucks. I haven’t trained in 6 months! Between School, Two jobs and Fundraising there was no way.
I’m happy to come across 100% martial arts. They have classes running every day, sometimes twice a day. So I should be able to fit it in. Very excited!

No comments: