Friday, August 18, 2006

Blue Lagoon. Today Dad and I slept in late waking with a mad dash to get to the bus on time to go to the Blue lagoon. Bus left at 11am, we woke up at ten to eleven. Doh. I guess the combination of jet lag and staying awake for 35 hours will do that to you (we went to sleep at 8pm the night before!). When we made it to our destination, Team Diabetes had set up a brunch for everyone and made a few speeches. It was the first time that I got to see everyone from Team Diabetes (about 200 of us) who had fundraised from all over Canada. It very nice to see all the people and I bonded with a few over tales of training mishaps and fundraising successes and disasters.
After brunch we all headed out into the lagoon. It was a cool place I admit. Nothing like the Banff hot springs in Canada, which are basically a pool full of sulphur smelling hot water. These hot springs were smack dab in the middle of a very large lava field. Volcanic rocks covered all sides of the pool and the bottom was filled with mud. There was also some mud set aside to cover your skin if you're into that sort of thing; and yes of course I did!

This is me in the lava field outside the Blue Lagoon center

A section of the Blue Lagoon


Dad and I wading in the water

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you arrived safe! Jealous of the hot springs adventure. Good luck in the upcoming days....