Thursday, August 10, 2006

Heathrow Airport. As you've probably heard British police arrested 21 people who were plotting to carry liquid explosives on to as many as 10 jetliners at the Heathrow airport travelling to the US.
Security was raised to its highest level in Britain and carry-on luggage on all trans-Atlantic flights was banned. Passengers were only permitted to take aboard essential items, such as passports and wallets, and only then in a transparent plastic bag.
Next week I will fly through Heathrow on my way to Iceland as well as a stopover in London and flights to Ireland via Gatwick. The events of the day have gotten me a tad concerned as for my flight home I land at Gatwick at 9:30am and my flight leaves Heathrow at 2:35pm. I thought before this was enough time (Gatwick-Heathrow is about a 60min bus ride), but now I'm slightly concerned. I travelled through the US a month after 9/11 and it was madness.

A glimmer of hope. "Air Canada said there were no scheduled disruptions of its flights leaving Britain for Canada on Thursday." Hopefully that will remain into next week.

No comments: