Wednesday, August 16, 2006


Leaving for Iceland Today!

It’s kind of surreal actually. It doesn’t feel like I’m about to embark on a 2 week adventure to Europe. I didn’t wake up with any Christmas morning type excitement. Everyone I talk to asks me if I’m excited with amazement and wonder in their eyes, and all I can manage umm yeah sure. Don’t get me wrong – I AM excited. And as I’ve explained to the 101 million people who have asked me about my excitement level. I will be excited, a la Christmas morning, when I’m on my third plane, Icelandair, in the air on the way to Iceland; even more excited when I actually land in Iceland. Right now it just seems so far away; and by all rights it is. I leave for public transit to get to the Ottawa airport at 2:30pm and I won’t get to Iceland until 3pm tomorrow Iceland time (or 11am tomorrow Ottawa time). That’s a little under 24 hours for transportation! Thank god they’re letting me bring a book! Although regrettably I can’t for the life of me find my mp3 player. Things could be worse; I have a friend who is at the Montreal airport right now delayed more than a day trying to get to London. Sleeping in the terminal sucks. Matt, my sympathies are with you.

2 comments:

Blechta said...

good luck in your run. ps, i like the design of the blog, really well done.

Anonymous said...

Good luck my love I wish I was with you.